The Committee have met this week to discuss what the Clubs Covid protocol should be as of the 19th of July following the UK Governments updated position. The summary below confirms our position as of today, but this situation remains highly dynamic, and thus the Committee will review on an ongoing basis and make such changes as it feels are needed.
By all accounts the next six weeks are going to be a big challenge as a potential third wave of Covid sweeps the country and daily infection rates climb, and we need to balance these risks with our aspirations to return to normality. In addition, we need the continued support of each and every member to give us the best chance of avoiding what has already happened in many other local clubs with infection outbreaks leading to 10 day closure, so please can all members .
- Ensure they do not attend the site if they have any symptoms personally or in the family.
- Report any positive PCR test results immediately to Samir our Covid officer, contact below, and your Captain for Adults/Lead Coach for Juniors so we can make the correct decisions based upon the circumstances.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping yourself and others safe when at the club.
So, the Clubs position is as follows:
Changing room Provision.
We will return to using these where appropriate from the 19th of July, and the club will invest in ensuring these areas are professionally cleaned twice a week, in addition signs will go on the doors indicating that.
- All players use at their own risk , and the external window must be open at all times for ventilation purposes.
- The changing rooms will be used simply for the purpose of changing and showering, and players will be encouraged to spend minimal time in this area.
- Changing rooms will only be open for Adult games only, and a maximum of 6 players inside at any time.
- All other games players should continue to arrive changed.
That from the 19th all toilet areas will be back in use.
That from the 19th the Lounge area will be open purely as a traffic route to the bar etc for purchasing refreshments, a one way system will exist and all seating will be removed and the club will retain the Marquee on the patio for the balance of the season under which all seating will be provided. this will also allow members to finally use their members card but the club will continue to not accept any cash
That where appropriate and required the by the league the club will return to providing teas buffet style but again these will be served outside under the marquee.
The use of facemasks when in the pavilion will be encouraged but is not mandatory , but any member or employee who feels safer wearing one will absolutely be allowed and encouraged to do so.
That for all Junior (ie u18) training sessions and matches parents will continue to be required to stay on site as their vehicle will be the wet weather plan , note you can still arrange for a bubble parent to carry this responsibility as long as this is communicated to your age group lad coach prior to the session.
With your support we hope we can work through the next few challenging weeks and continue to provide as much Cricket as possible .
Nick Meakin-Club Chairman
Samir Pai-Club Covid Officer M: 07801 846915